Congratulations! You are past the contingency periods, you’ve completed and reviewed all the disclosures, you have formal loan approval…what should you expect next?
Getting Ready for Your Move – Both Buyer and Seller
- Schedule your moving company
- Setup/transfer your utilities
- Schedule a locksmith (buyers only)
- Transfer your mail
Within 5 days prior to the close of escrow, we will perform your final walkthrough. The walkthrough is not a contingency to the purchase; it is simply an opportunity for the buyer to make sure the home is in the same condition it was when the offer was made and to verify that all negotiated repairs (if any) are complete.
If you are the seller, this is your chance to meet the buyer, answer any questions he/she may have, and show how things work. It’s more of a “good will” opportunity for you. If there’s a problem with the condition or repairs, it’s good to be there so you can resolve it quickly.
Signing Loan Docs and Closing Escrow – Buyers Only
- See timeline above. Usually within a week before closing, loan docs will be sent from your lender to the escrow company. Escrow will schedule a time to meet with you to review and sign all the loan docs. This is your final step.
- Once signed, the loan docs will be sent back to the lender for final review. This process usually takes a day or two.
- Once the review process is complete, the loan will be set up for funding usually the day before the close of escrow.
- Once funding occurs, the deed will be set up to record the following day in most cases.
- Once the deed is set up to record, it’s now just a matter of waiting for confirmation from the county recorder’s office that the deed has been recorded. This can occur anytime throughout the day, but it usually occurs about mid-day.
- Once confirmation of recording is received, escrow is now closed and you officially own the home!
- Depending on your agreement with the seller, you may get possession the same day. Quite often, possession is given the day following the close of escrow.
Enjoying the Conejo Valley
If you are new to the area, here are some Great Things About Living in the Conejo Valley.
If you need referrals to excellent service providers like painters, carpet cleaners, and more, go to my A+ Service Providers.
I like to receive referrals too! If you know anyone who’s thinking about buying or selling a home and would appreciate the level of service I provide, I would love to be introduced to them.